Welcome to the Practice of Dr. Kerry Solomon in Charleston
Dr. Kerry Solomon and his entire staff believe that everyone deserves the precious gift of clear, crisp vision and the quality of life that accompanies it. By offering a range of advanced vision correction procedures, including LASIK and laser cataract surgery, Dr. Solomon can correct a variety of vision problems and restore optimal vision to patients from Charleston, SC, and beyond. Patients travel to us from all over, seeking Dr. Solomon’s expertise in treating conditions such as refractive errors, presbyopia and cataracts.
One of the world’s best ophthalmologists, Dr. Solomon is committed to investing in top-quality technology to enhance the safety and precision of vision correction treatment. Every procedure is carefully customized to the unique needs of the individual patient. Because of his commitment to leading-edge technology and his reputation as a leading researcher in the field, Dr. Solomon is often among the first ophthalmologists to offer new technologies. He performed the first LASIK procedure in South Carolina, and he was the first in the country to offer topography-guided LASIK (a.k.a., topo-guided LASIK or Contour LASIK), which maps the cornea prior to surgery, enabling the eye surgeon to provide better visual acuity than ever before. And, Dr. Solomon was among the first ophthalmologists in the country to use the LenSx laser system and ORA technology for cataract surgery, both of which help patients achieve superior results.
To schedule a consultation with Dr. Solomon and discuss your unique vision correction needs, please request an appointment online or call our Charleston, SC practice today.
LASIK Eye Surgery at a Glance
LASIK is one of the country’s most popular vision correction treatments, designed to fix nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. It is safe, quick and virtually painless for the patient, with rapid, life-changing results.
Top-rated ophthalmologist specialist Dr. Kerry Solomon uses advanced technology to enhance the precision and visual outcomes of LASIK. Every patient’s optical system and corneal topography are carefully mapped out so the South Carolina surgeon can note the minute imperfections and then calibrate the laser accordingly.
During surgery, a precise laser is used to reshape the cornea so that light entering the eye can properly focus on the retina. While individual results vary, many patients notice an immediate improvement in their vision after surgery, and most are experiencing significantly better vision by the day after surgery.
Cataract Surgery at a Glance
Cataracts are a normal part of the aging process. Over time, the naturally clear lens of the eye becomes cloudy, impairing vision; this is known as a cataract. Nearly everyone develops cataracts if they live long enough.
Cataract surgery is the most common surgical procedure in the country. During the brief outpatient procedure, Dr. Solomon removes the clouded cataract lens and implants an artificial lens to restore clear vision.
Many cataract surgery patients have a choice in their artificial lens. Some opt for standard monofocal lenses, which restore vision at a single fixed distance; others select multifocal or accommodating lenses to see clearly at various ranges. Toric lenses are also available for patients with pre-existing astigmatism. These advanced lens options can help patients decrease their dependence on glasses and contacts for distance vision, near vision or both.
Why Choose Dr. Solomon in Charleston for LASIK or Cataract Eye Surgery?
There are many reasons to trust internationally renowned ophthalmologist and top LASIK and cataract surgeon Kerry Solomon.
- The safety and satisfaction of his patients are his foremost priorities.
- He and his team are committed to treating every patient like family, with top-tier service and personalized care.
- He has a long history of success with laser vision correction and cataract surgery.
- He has consistently been the first surgeon to offer certain types of advanced procedures and technologies. For example:
- He was the first surgeon in the country to offer topography-guided LASIK
- He was among the first cataract surgeons to use the LenSx laser system for cataract surgery
- He is continually named one of the “Best Doctors in America” and among the “Top 50 Opinion Leaders in the Fields of Cataract and Refractive Surgery.”
- He invests in leading-edge technology to make treatment safer, more precise and more comfortable for his patients.
- He has been featured in numerous leading publications, including the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal and USA Today.
- He has appeared on television programs including NBC’s Today and Healthy Body, Healthy Mind on PBS.
- He is a past president of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery.