- Other Procedures
Dr. Kerry Solomon may be best known for his work in the fields of LASIK and cataract surgery, but that’s not where his experience ends. He also offers several other procedures for vision correction at his Charleston, SC, practice, including Refractive Lens Exchange and Implantable Contact Lenses. These options allow him to help an even wider variety of patients achieve the clear vision they desire.
To learn more about your vision correction options, request an appointment using our online form. You can also call us at (843) 881-3937, and one of our friendly staff members will schedule an appointment at a time and location that is convenient for you.
Review the following pages to learn more about any of these vision correction procedures:
- Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE) is used to improve distance vision, correct astigmatism, and correct presbyopia. This procedure, which may be an alternative to LASIK, removes your eye’s natural clear lens and replaces it with an advanced artificial lens (IOL) that corrects your refractive error.
- Visian ICL® (implantable contact lenses) may be an option for those with thin corneas or a high degree of nearsightedness. Unlike the IOLs used in cataract surgery or RLE, these implantable contact lenses work with your eye’s own natural lens to correct myopia and help you to see clearly without glasses.
- Corneal Inlay is a device implanted in the cornea of one eye to improve your vision if you have presbyopia. Two types of FDA-approved corneal inlays are KAMRA® and Raindrop®.
If you’re not sure what procedure is right for you, start here Find the Right Procedure for You . Dr. Solomon, Dr. Hood, and their staff will be happy to help you determine your best options for vision correction.
From the Blog
Back to Top
Our Latest Vision Posts
- This December, we’re celebrating 25 Days of Better Vision at Dr. Kerry Solomon’s LASIK Center in Charleston, SC. To help celebrate the incredible LASIK savings we’re offering, we also wanted to bring you some of our favorite reasons for pursuing LASIK, many inspired by testimonials and reviews from our actual patients. Part two of our list is below… and if…Read more
- This December, we’re celebrating “25 Days of Better Vision” at Dr. Kerry Solomon’s LASIK center in Charleston, South Carolina. This inspired us to look back at some of our patient testimonials, reviews, and blog posts to bring you 25 of our favorite reasons for pursuing LASIK surgery. If you’re ready to start your own LASIK journey, give us a call…Read more
- When weighing a decision about an elective surgery, such as LASIK or other laser vision correction procedure, it is natural to want to thoroughly understand the potential risks and benefits. Dr. Solomon and his team are here to answer any questions you have, and we understand you may want to do some independent research on your own to help you…Read more