- Other Procedures
Dr. Kerry Solomon may be best known for his work in the fields of LASIK and cataract surgery, but that’s not where his experience ends. He also offers several other procedures for vision correction at his Charleston, SC, practice, including Refractive Lens Exchange and Implantable Contact Lenses. These options allow him to help an even wider variety of patients achieve the clear vision they desire.
To learn more about your vision correction options, request an appointment using our online form. You can also call us at (843) 881-3937, and one of our friendly staff members will schedule an appointment at a time and location that is convenient for you.
Review the following pages to learn more about any of these vision correction procedures:
- Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE) is used to improve distance vision, correct astigmatism, and correct presbyopia. This procedure, which may be an alternative to LASIK, removes your eye’s natural clear lens and replaces it with an advanced artificial lens (IOL) that corrects your refractive error.
- Visian ICL® (implantable contact lenses) may be an option for those with thin corneas or a high degree of nearsightedness. Unlike the IOLs used in cataract surgery or RLE, these implantable contact lenses work with your eye’s own natural lens to correct myopia and help you to see clearly without glasses.
If you’re not sure what procedure is right for you, start here Find the Right Procedure for You . Dr. Solomon, Dr. Hood, and their staff will be happy to help you determine your best options for vision correction.
From the Blog
Back to Top
Our Latest Vision Posts
- Dr. Kerry Solomon continues to make breakthroughs in transformative cataract technology. As of the new year, Dr. Solomon is among the very few ophthalmologists in the country, and the only one in South Carolina, offering the first ever Light Adjustable Lens (LAL) from RxSIGHT. This new artificial lens is the only artificial lens that can be adjusted to correct vision…Read more
- Publishing note: This post was updated on September 19, 2018 with the latest information and links available. After you’ve had your LASIK eye surgery in Charleston, South Carolina, you might find you have some unused contacts and glasses sitting around that you no longer use with your improved vision from Dr. Kerry Solomon. So, what to do with those items?…Read more
- One of the most common uncertainties surrounding cataracts and cataract eye surgery is deciding when it’s the right time for surgery. Patients often wonder how they’ll know when their cataracts are ready to be removed; meanwhile, others worry about whether it’s possible to wait too long for cataract removal. The simplest answer is this: The right time for surgery is…Read more